How to Create a Simple Timesheet Template Using Google Spreadsheet
No matter whether your staff are paid hourly, or you need to track their time for a project or another reason entirely, take a look at how you can do it quickly with our Google Spreadsheet timesheet template.
Ready to dive in and get started?
Here’s the link: Everhour Free Timesheet Template
Just click it to get going. It is completely free, and no registration needed. All you need to do is make a copy and start using it!
Below are a few more details on the benefits and how to use it effectively.
Why use Google Spreadsheet vs. MS Word or PDF?
- Documents can often get lost easily on the local drive
- Downloadable templates are not always cross-platform compatible and they apparently require additional software to use
- When filling out a template in MS Word there is no way to use formulas, therefore you have to do all the calculations manually, which may lead to errors
- Also, when using a downloadable template in MS Word or Pages on Mac, your layout may become distortable making your timesheet unreadable
- Google Spreadsheet helps you avoid mentioned issues, but of course, those are not the only benefits you’ll discover.
How to use it
Here at Everhour, we’ve already helped over 3,000 businesses to track time and manage projects. You might have heard of our time tracking software (if not, we welcome you to try it), but if you need to keep things simple – an efficient timesheet template is more than enough.
So, how it works:
- Make a copy of our Google Spreadsheet (the template itself isn’t editable);
- Based on your needs, choose an appropriate sheet: Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly;
- Adjust the timesheet: choose the first date to start (for all other days, dates will set automatically) and whether you need to include weekends;
- Fill out time-spent using hours and minutes (there is a cheat sheet to easily convert hours into decimal format). You’ll find many auto-calculated fields;
- Print the spreadsheet using the “File – Print” option in your browser. Even a monthly timesheet fits perfectly in A4 format. Just skip any other page, except the first one, to avoid printing notes, etc.
- Download your spreadsheet in the format you need by choosing “File – Download as…”. Next, you’ll see “File type”. Choose your required format, and simply click “Save”;
Our spreadsheet is completely free. When sharing, giving credit isn’t required, but highly appreciated. 🙏 Thank you!