What is the Pomodoro technique?
For many people, time is an enemy. Constant multi-tasking leads to ineffective work or learning processes which in turn leads to procrastination. The Pomodoro Technique provides a simple tool/process for improving productivity.
“Pomodoro” is a time management method. It consists of 25-minute slots of focused work followed by 5-minute short breaks. Long 20 to 30 minutes breaks are taken after 4 consecutive work intervals. Each work intermission is called a Pomodoro, which means a 🍅 tomato, translated from Italian.
How to use the Pomodoro timer?
At the beginning of each day plan the tasks and jobs you need to complete and put them on a TODO list. Start working:
- Choose a task for the current Pomodoro.
- Start the Pomodoro timer.
- Try to stay focused and work until the Pomodoro rings.
- After - take a short 5-minute break.
- Focus on tasks and work Pomodoro after Pomodoro, until the task is finished.
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a 20 minute break.
Features of Pomodoro timer
Once set, your timer will begin counting down. Check how long it is left and what time it finishes on the screen and in the browser tab. Once completed, a sound will be played. Make sure your computer volume is on or turned up to hear the alarm. While your timer is running, you can:
- Press Pause to temporarily stop your timer.
- Press Start again to continue your timer.
- Press Reset to stop your timer and replace it with the default state.
- Choose to Use Pomodoro sequence to automate your routine. Number of completed Pomodoros will be indicated in curly brackets.
What to do during pomodoro breaks?
Here are some ideas for your breaks:
- Do a little stretching routine, your body will thank you later.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Make tea or coffee, or eat some fruit.
- Do eyes or breathing exercises, and make it a habit.
Can this Pomodoro timer be installed on mobile devices?
No need! Just use it with Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers on any device. Add it as a bookmark to the home screen for your convenience.
*This app is inspired by Pomodoro Technique which is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo. This web app is not affiliated with Francesco Cirillo.