10 Best Free Social Media Scheduling Tools in 2022
Looking for free social media scheduling tools? Read on.
Social media is powerful. There are 4.48 billion social media users around the world, and it’s growing rapidly every year.
This is why it’s very important to prioritize social media platforms in your marketing strategy. Marketing on social media platforms helps you reach a wider audience, increase brand recognition, target ideal customers, improve brand authority, and the list goes on.
However, managing all the social media content consistently could be a daunting task, even if you have a solid plan.
You can’t be active on social media all the time. It gets even harder if you are managing multiple social media platforms. Ultimately, you lose your valuable time, energy, and nothing may seem to work as planned.
Luckily, there are online tools available that will help you to schedule social media content ahead of time so that you can do more in less time.
In this article, we will share the 10 best free social media scheduling tools that will help get the job done more efficiently than ever before.
10 Free Social Media Scheduling Tools
There are several social media management tools available, but not all are free. So, we handpicked 10 completely FREE social media scheduling tools that at least offer a free plan.
You can also find free Facebook post scheduler, free Instagram scheduler, free alternative to Hootsuite, and more.
Hootsuite is the most popular tool for managing social media platforms. 18+ million social media marketers use it, and it has everything you need to manage your team, schedule posts, measure results, plan upcoming campaigns, etc. From freelancers to large businesses, it’s the perfect tool for anyone who wants to grow their social media presence the right way.
Hootsuite comes with five different plans, including a free plan. The free version plan allows you to manage two social media accounts, schedule up to 5 posts at a time, and allow one user.
You can easily create, schedule, and customize posts for all your connected networks from their beginner-friendly dashboard. Plus, you can connect to more than 20+ different social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and more.
One of the key features of Hootsuite I like is the Engage. Using this option, you can quickly access all the incoming messages across your social networks.
💰 Pricing: Hootsuite offers five different plans. Additionally, they also offer 30 days free trial on professional and team plans.
- Free Plan: One user, two social accounts, five scheduled posts
- Professional Plan ($49/ mo): One user, ten social accounts, unlimited scheduled posts
- Team plan ($129/ mo): 3 users, 20 social accounts, custom branded URL
- Business plan ($599/ mo): 5 users, 35 social accounts, content library, campaign planning
- Enterprise plan (custom): 5+ users, 50+ social accounts, team productivity reporting, social selling add-ons
If you want an app like Hootsuite, Buffer would be a great alternative. In fact, it’s much cheaper than Hootsuite.
Buffer offers two different plans – free and essentials. The free plan is limited to one user, allowing you to add three social media accounts, schedule 10 posts per social channel.
With Buffer’s powerful publishing tools, you can schedule posts across all major platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc. You can also schedule posts in advance, so they get published when it’s convenient for you – and automate them based on your RSS feeds.
This comes very handy when you run a large website. For example, let’s say you published a post about best SiteGround alternatives, and then the RSS feed will automatically add the post to Buffer.
Another feature of Buffer I like is its Chrome extension that lets you easily share any page, link, or video from any website directly into Buffer without opening up another tab in the browser.
💰 Pricing: Buffer offers two different plans – free and essentials. Plus, you can also try their essentials plan free for 14 days.
- Free plan: 1 user, up to 3 social accounts, schedule 10 posts, basic publishing tools.
- Essentials plans ($5-$10/ month): unlimited channels, unlimited schedule posts, advanced publishing tools.
Later is the best tool for scheduling and publishing on Instagram. It was founded in 2014 and now powering more than 4 million users globally.
Initially, it was started as a simple Instagram scheduling tool, but later, they added more platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Later offers a free plan that includes one social set (including one Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Tiktok account), schedule 30 posts per social profile, and basic analytics.
They also have tons of pre-made templates, so there’s no need to start from scratch ever again.
Using their hashtag research tool, you can find the right hashtags for your posts; it even provides advanced analytics so you can see how well your posts are doing in terms of engagement.
💰 Pricing: Later offers four different plans, including 14 days free trial.
- Free plan: 1 social set, 30 posts per social profile, one user
- Starter plan ($12.50/ mo): 1 social set, 60 posts per social profile, one user, Linkedin bio
- Growth plan ($20.83/ mo): 1 social set, 150 posts per social profile, three users
- Advanced plan ($33.33/ mo): 1 social set, unlimited posts per social profile, six users
Crowdfire is a similar app to Hootsuite in many ways. More than 19 million users worldwide use the Crowdfire app to automate their social media activities. It’s packed with features that make everyday life easier and more productive.
The free version of Crowdfire allows you to link three social media accounts, schedule 10 posts per account, and provide you with one day of social analytics data.
With Crowdfire, you can connect up to 25 accounts and schedule posts across all platforms from one place.
Using their hashtag suggestion feature, you can get the most used and relevant hashtags for your posts quickly and easily. They also have auto-customize content for each platform, so you don’t have to spend time creating multiple posts across different platforms.
Additionally, you can schedule up to 50 posts at once using their bulk upload feature, saving your time and effort. You also get access to up to 30 days of your account’s performance data analytics in just seconds.
💰 Pricing: Crowdfire offers four different plans.
- Free plan: link up to 3 social accounts, schedule 10 posts, hashtag recommendations
- Plus plan ($7.48/ mo): 5 social accounts, schedule 100 posts, connect up to 5 RSS feeds
- Premium plan ($37.48/ mo): 10 social accounts, bulk schedule posts, up to 15 RSS feeds, additional team member
- VIP plan ($74.98/ mo): 25 social accounts, scheduled 800 posts, 25 RSS feeds, 20 competitor analyses, 30 days social analytics data.
SocialOomph is a social media scheduling tool that monitors your activity on different networks and allows you to schedule posts in advance.
It allows you to schedule content for publishing at any given date/time in the time zone of your choice. You can also bulk upload blog posts from your computer with one click.
SocialOompah has all sorts of features, including self-destructing messages so that they will be deleted automatically after a period of time.
They have a free plan which allows you to connect one social profile, access basic posting features, a maximum of three posts per hour, etc. You can also connect SocialOomph with Shopify, Tumblr, WordPress blogs, but it requires upgrading to a higher plan.
The dashboard is quite simple and clean, but adding social accounts is a bit complicated.
💰 Pricing: SocialOomph has four different plans, also offers a 30 day free trial on the Business Suite plan.
- Free plan: 1 social profile, max three posts per hour, access to personal area only, unlimited schedule posts.
- Advanced suite ($15/ mo): 1 social profile, one blog, one queue, up to 60 posts per hour.
- Professional suite ($25/ mo): 10 social profiles, five blogs, five queues, 5 RSS for post sourcing.
- Business suite ($55/ mo): 20 social profiles, ten blogs, ten queues, 10 RSS for post sourcing, one webhook.
Tailwind is a complete marketing toolkit for Pinterest and Instagram that allows you to manage social media accounts from one platform. However, unlike other tools, it only supports two platforms.
Using this tool, you can schedule posts at the best times, create beautiful pins faster, discover content, monitor conversations, amplify your reach, and measure results.
With Tailwind’s smart scheduling tools, you can schedule hundreds of pins at once in just minutes. As a result, you don’t have to spend hours pinning every day or waste valuable time trying to find new content ideas – they got you covered.
The analytics tool of Tailwind is quite impressive. It shows which of your pins are performing well, as well as followers, top pins, referral traffic, organic activity, comments, and much more.
💰 Pricing: There are four types of plans, including a free version.
- Free plan: one Pinterest and one Instagram profile, 20 posts per month, five tailwind communities, basic analytics, one user
- Pro plan ($9.99/ mo): one Pinterest and one Instagram profile, 100 posts per month, advanced analytics, 200 post designs per month
- Advanced plan ($19.99/ mo): Two Pinterest and two Instagram profiles, 1000 posts per month, unlimited post designs, two users.
- Max plan ($39.99/ mo): Three Pinterest and Three Instagram profiles, 1000 posts per month, unlimited post designs, unlimited tailwind communities, five users.
7. Zoho Social
Zoho Social is a powerful social media management tool that helps businesses and agencies manage their social media accounts. It allows you to schedule posts, monitors mentions, create custom dashboards, and more.
Like other tools, Zoho Social offers a free plan that includes one team member, a zShare browser extension, and publishing on seven social channels. And, of course, premium plans come with more advanced features.
Using this tool, you can schedule unlimited posts, track social media activities, create custom reports to analyze your performance, and get notified when someone shares something about your brand on the web. It also comes with an easy-to-use interface and intuitive design that makes managing multiple accounts easier.
One of the features I like most about the collaboration. It allows you to collaborate with your team seamlessly. You can also assign custom roles to your team members so that they can work on different projects.
Overall, Zoho Social is a great tool for social media management and a free alternative to Hootsuite.
💰 Pricing: They have four different plans. Also, each of the plans offers a 14-day free trial.
- Free plan: 1 team member, one brand, publishing on seven channels, access to zShare browser integration
- Standard plan ($10/ mo): Everything in the free plan, including multi-channel publishing, user tagging, drafts, Twitter location
- Professional plan ($30/ mo): Everything in the standard plan, including Livestream, CustomQ, bulk scheduling, RSS feeds
- Pro plan ($40/ mo): Everything in the professional plan, including SmartQ, content approvals, workflow, collaboration, content targeting, lead ads.
Are you looking for a way to grow your Instagram following? Then look no further than Combin.
Combin is the perfect tool for anyone who wants to increase their followers and engagement on Instagram. It’s simple, easy-to-use, and can help you quickly gain real followers.
Combin offers two different plans – Growth and Scheduler. The Scheduler tool is completely free to use and includes 15 Instagram accounts management, bulk image uploading, location tagging, user tagging, etc.
You can use Combin to find influencers in your niche or industry so that you can collaborate with them and get more exposure. Or, if you want to promote your account, then this is the perfect tool as well.
Their growth plan includes more powerful features such as it can detect who doesn’t follow you back, check your Instagram audience quality, monitor audience activity, and more.
💰 Pricing: Combin comes at three price tiers.
- Free: One account management, two simultaneous searches, 25 search results for posts, stories mass looking.
- Personal plan ($15/ mo): unlimited simultaneous searches, 1000 search results for posts, statistics, search results refresh ability.
- Business plan ($30/ mo): 5 accounts management, unlimited simultaneous searches, 1000 search results for posts, stories mass looking.
Friends plus is another free tool for scheduling and automating your social media posts. You can create great content, collect it from all over the web, and then bulk schedule it with their desktop application.
They also have browser extensions that make it easy to share on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, or Pinterest right from your browser. And if you’re using a mobile device, they also have applications for iOS and Android so you can manage everything in one place.
The dashboard is very simple and doesn’t include many features as other tools.
💰 Pricing: Friendsplus offers five different plans:
- Free plan: One user, two queues, 5 schedule posts per queue, link shortening, Zapier integration.
- Individual plan ($7.50/ mo): 10 additional team members, five queues, 500 schedule posts per queue, Pinterest scheduling, bulk scheduling.
- Small plan ($24.17/ mo): Everything in the individual plan, including 20 additional team members, 15 queues, 1500 schedule posts per queue.
- Medium plan ($49.17/ mo): Everything in the small plan, including 30 additional team members, 30 queues, 3000 schedule posts per queue.
- Large plan ($215.84/ mo): Everything in the medium plan, including 50 additional team members, 120 queues, 5000 schedule posts per queue.
By the name, you can understand what this tool does. TweetDeck is a free tool for managing your Twitter accounts in one place.
It’s easy to use and packed with features that help you to reach your audiences and discover the best of Twitter. You can easily track conversations, find new people to follow, messages, and get updates from all the people and lists you are following.
Using TweetDeck is very simple. All you have to do is log in with your existing Twitter account, and you are good to go.
💰 Pricing: Using TweetDeck is completely free.
Social Media Scheduling Tools Free – Conclusion
Managing social media accounts for your brands or businesses could be a daunting task. You have to spend a lot of time posting content, monitoring engagement, and interacting with them.
That’s why using social media management tools could be a great addition to your social media marketing campaign. Using social media scheduling tools, you can schedule posts ahead of time, monitor performance, brand mentions, collaborate with your team, find new content ideas, and lots more.
There are many tools available, but we listed the 10 free social media scheduling tools. This also includes Facebook post scheduler free, Instagram scheduler, as well free alternatives to Hootsuite.
Each of the tools includes a free version, and if you like, you can upgrade to the premium.
Now we want to hear from you. Which of the free social media scheduling tools are you using? Let us know!