Get Listed on ProductHunt
What is it about?
ProductHunt is a global community which surfaces the best new products, every day. It’s a place for product-loving enthusiasts to share and geek out about the latest mobile apps, websites, hardware projects, and tech creations.
Not a big deal to get posted there. The task is to get attention from your post. We recommend to read these articles dedicated to this topic: "The ultimate guide to launching on product hunt", "How I launched the #1 most upvoted product of all time", "How we got +1000 upvotes on ProductHunt".
Why to consider?
Don’t expect this channel bring you much of long-tail traffic. Nevertheless, if you get into the week or day top listings, you are sure to receive at least several thousands of visits from all over the world.
This is a good opportunity for an early stage startup to receive a priceless feedback.
The second advantage is that many popular bloggers check this platform frequently. They might want to write about you. Another group of people monitoring this platform are investors. Good chance to find one for your product.
Lastly, it is not hard compared to generating and spreading a high-value content.
- Prepare all promo material beforehand (images, screenshots, title and 1st comment);
- Your product can be published at any stage. Be aware that if somebody post you when you are not ready, you will have to improvise;
- Find a top hunter who will submit your post. Like Eric Willis or Kevin William David. You can make it yourself too, if you are a maker;
- Many claim the best time to go live is on Tuesday, 2 am CST. A good chance to get more attention during the week, but at the same time, there is a higher competition;
- Make a dedicated discount page for hunters. They like free stuff. Proved by our experience;
- Make sure to provide a swift response on D-day;
Startup Growth Hacks.